The team at the Law Office of Andrew A. Bestafka, Esq. has compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help you better understand your legal rights concerning divorce, child custody, support and other issues. Contact our offices at (732) 898-2378 to speak to a divorce or family law attorney about any of the topics listed below or to find out information about your unique situation.
- Am I obligated to sleep with my spouse?
- Am I responsible for my spouse’s debts?
- Are there alternatives to contested and uncontested divorce?
- How is child custody determined in court?
- How is contested divorce different from uncontested divorce?
- How long does a divorce take?
- How much will my divorce cost me?
- If I get remarried, will I still receive alimony from my ex?
- Is verbal abuse considered domestic violence?
- What if my ex-spouse won’t pay child support?
- What is a prenuptial agreement?
- What is alimony? When is it necessary?
- What’s the difference between legal and physical custody?
- When will I stop receiving child support?
- Why did my alimony payments change?
- Why did my child support payment change?
- Why do I have to pay alimony?